1. United States of America. Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection. Center for Ecological Technology. Composting in Restaurants and Schools. Northampton: Center for Ecological Technology, 2003. Print.
2. Titus, Bruce. “ Bruce Titus, Carlos O’Kelly’s general manager, interview.” 5 September 2012.
3. Jordan, Jennifer. “Jennifer Jordan Iowa City Landfill Interview.” Personal interview. 19 Sept. 2012.
4. Iowa Department of Natural Resources. 2011 Iowa Statewide Waste Characterization Study. (September 14, 2011).
5. Environmental Protection Agency. Municipal Solid Waste Generation, Recycling, and Disposal in the United States: Facts and Figures for 2009. Rep. Washington, DC: Environmental Protection Agency, 2010. Print.
6. Knox, Bart “Bart Knox, the Iowa Waste Exchange funded by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources interview and garbage audit.” Personal interview. 23 October 2012.
7. Performing a Waste Sort. Prepared by the Natural Department of Resources. Financial and Business Assistanc January 2012.< www.iowadnr.gov///FABA>. Must be checked to see if written correctly in bibliography terms.
8. Moran, Joseph M. Climate Studies: Introduction to Climate Science. American Meteorological Society. 2010
9. Schnoor, Jerry “ Dr. Jerry Schnoor, co-director of University of Iowa’s Center for Global and Regional Environmental Research, interview.” 12 November 2012.
10. Hansel, Harold. "Warming Releases Lethal Arctic Methane." Gazette[Cedar Rapids] 8 Aug. 2012: n. page. Print
11. United States of America. Office of Air and Radiation. Environmental Protection Agency. U.S. Methane Emissions 1990-2020: Inventories, Preo fections, and Opportunities for Reductions. N.p.: EPA, 1999. Print.
12. Alley, R., et al., 2007. “Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change”. Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis, Summary for Policymakers. P.18.
13. Leifer, I., et al., Natural marine seepage blowout: contribution to atmospheric methane. Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 2006. P. 20.
14. Bingemer, H G. and P J Crutzen, 1987. “The Production of Methane from Solid Wastes.” Journal of Geophysical Research 90(D2): 2181-2187. 8 Barlaz, M., W. Eleazer, W. Odle, X. Qian, Y. Wang. 1997. “Biodegradative Analysis of Municipal Solid Waste in Laboratory-Scale Landfills,” U.S. Environmental Protection Agency 600/R-97-071.
15. Bloom, Jonathan. American Wasteland, How America Throws Away Nearly Half of its Food. Cambridge, MA: Da Capo Press, 2010.